Group 6/7/8 of ABBS De Fluessen Primary School in Oudega, The Netherlands has won the PIE Puzzle Prize! last week they received their self-selected book, the 7 Habits of Happy Kids written by Sean Covey.
We have new puzzles at 3 different CEFR levels. Participants should send their answers, including their name, school, city & country before 24 February.
CEFR Level A:
CEFR Level B
CEFR Level C
1. We have been working with Ellis Adriaensen for many years. Students at her school, KSE in Etten-Leur, The Netherlands, know her as Mrs Anglia. Enthusiastic, dedicated and always willing to help. In 2019, about 140 of her students took part in Anglia exams! In addition, Ellis has been teaching for us in numerous projects.
2. After successfully organising two English Summer Schools in Ukraine in 2018, our local representative Lidia Fedinets was determined to beat that number in 2019. In addition, first Ukrainian schools took part in Anglia Examinations in June.
3. Anglia Coordinator Petra Baaten (Jan Tinbergen College in Roosendaal) has been encouraging and guiding over 1,500 students to join Anglia, and to invest in learning English. In April, a new group of 150 students took part in Anglia exams.
4. The EFKF and Associacao Crescer Sempre in Sao Paulo, Brazil have been partners since 2014. Together they have given high school pupils opportunity to study English. Our April PIE was for local teacher Luciana Sousa Silva.
5. Piles of exam papers are very impressive and seem endless.Luckily, there is always a group of Peak Team Members, helping to perzonalize all the exam papers and make sure they are ready to be shipped to the participating schools. Peak Team Member Annette has been a valued colleague for many many years.
6. Hundreds of exam sessions in dozens of countries worldwide. Anglia Operations Manager Robert Piernikarski and his team in Chichester play a crucial role in the smooth processing of exam papers.
7. After years of service, Sebastiaan Posma (Business Development Manager at Anglia HQ in Chichester, England) has decided to leave the Anglia office. Luckily he will stay involved in Anglia, as he will join the AIM Awards Team.
8. Joep and Carli's EFKF adventure in Ghana has started. They will be there for three months to teach English and promote hygiene to children.
9. Summer Schools, assessments or training. Marian Venderbos has been involved in a variety of Anglia activities. As one of our most experienced Speaking Test Assessors she has guided thousands of Speaking Test participants. Because of this experience, Marian was asked give the Anglia Speaking Test Assessor Training. She is currently training a group of about 25 enthusiastic teachers.
PIE news per month
PIE news per category