We have new puzzles at 3 different CEFR levels, and they can easily be done online! Participants should send their answers, including their name, school, city & country before 20 April.
CEFR Levels A:
CEFR Levels B:
CEFR Levels C:
Keeping children engaged in their learning is a challenging task. The English for Kids Foundation is here to make your job easier. We have designed Games4Kids: a fun, engaging way for children to learn and practice their English skills through competition and cooperation.
What is Games4Kids?
Games4Kids is a package that includes 6 different English-learning games, each game containing different levels based on English proficiency. It comes in 2 exciting versions:
For more information, visit https://efkf.org/games4kids/
We have new puzzles at 3 different CEFR levels. Participants should send their answers, including their name, school, city & country before 23 March.
CEFR Level A:
CEFR Level B:
CEFR Level C:
About two weeks ago, Anglia Representatives from all around the world gathered at Chichester College, the heart of Anglia in Chichester, England. Many thanks to the new Anglia Global Director, Sarah Watson, and all Anglia HQ colleagues for having us, and for taking such good care of us! We hope you all enjoyed our PIE!
This week 27 kids in Brasil received their EFKF certificate! A great project thanks to the support of the Associação Crescer Sempre in Paraisópolis in Sao Paolo, volunteer teacher Luciana da Silva and volunteer examiners Lenie and Emily.
The students have been able to improve their English skills on elementary and intermediate level, not only by working the Anglia materials but also by regular Skype sessions with international teachers. In February we will start a new group a run this project for the sixth time.
Group 6/7/8 of ABBS De Fluessen Primary School in Oudega, The Netherlands has won the PIE Puzzle Prize! last week they received their self-selected book, the 7 Habits of Happy Kids written by Sean Covey.
We have new puzzles at 3 different CEFR levels. Participants should send their answers, including their name, school, city & country before 24 February.
CEFR Level A:
CEFR Level B
CEFR Level C
1. We have been working with Ellis Adriaensen for many years. Students at her school, KSE in Etten-Leur, The Netherlands, know her as Mrs Anglia. Enthusiastic, dedicated and always willing to help. In 2019, about 140 of her students took part in Anglia exams! In addition, Ellis has been teaching for us in numerous projects.
2. After successfully organising two English Summer Schools in Ukraine in 2018, our local representative Lidia Fedinets was determined to beat that number in 2019. In addition, first Ukrainian schools took part in Anglia Examinations in June.
3. Anglia Coordinator Petra Baaten (Jan Tinbergen College in Roosendaal) has been encouraging and guiding over 1,500 students to join Anglia, and to invest in learning English. In April, a new group of 150 students took part in Anglia exams.
4. The EFKF and Associacao Crescer Sempre in Sao Paulo, Brazil have been partners since 2014. Together they have given high school pupils opportunity to study English. Our April PIE was for local teacher Luciana Sousa Silva.
5. Piles of exam papers are very impressive and seem endless.Luckily, there is always a group of Peak Team Members, helping to perzonalize all the exam papers and make sure they are ready to be shipped to the participating schools. Peak Team Member Annette has been a valued colleague for many many years.
6. Hundreds of exam sessions in dozens of countries worldwide. Anglia Operations Manager Robert Piernikarski and his team in Chichester play a crucial role in the smooth processing of exam papers.
7. After years of service, Sebastiaan Posma (Business Development Manager at Anglia HQ in Chichester, England) has decided to leave the Anglia office. Luckily he will stay involved in Anglia, as he will join the AIM Awards Team.
8. Joep and Carli's EFKF adventure in Ghana has started. They will be there for three months to teach English and promote hygiene to children.
9. Summer Schools, assessments or training. Marian Venderbos has been involved in a variety of Anglia activities. As one of our most experienced Speaking Test Assessors she has guided thousands of Speaking Test participants. Because of this experience, Marian was asked give the Anglia Speaking Test Assessor Training. She is currently training a group of about 25 enthusiastic teachers.
CEFR Level A:
CEFR Level B
CEFR Level C
English Summer Schools, assessments or training. Nothing is too much, in sunshine, or when it is raining. Dear Marian, you deserve our PIE because you give far more than you take.
Marian has been involved in a wide variery of Anglia activities for many, many years. As one of our most experienced Anglia Speaking Test Assessors she has guided hundreds, if not thousands of Anglia Speaking Test participants, mostly in the south of The Netherlands.
Because of this experience, Marian was asked give the Anglia Speaking Test Assessor Training as well. She is currently training a group of about 25 enthusiastic teachers.
A passion for Anglia seems te be running in the family, because together with her husband (the Anglia Coordinator at SG Sophianum in Gulpen) she has been a (head) teacher in several of our English Summer Schools.
PIE news per month
PIE news per category