Group 6/7/8 of ABBS De Fluessen Primary School in Oudega, The Netherlands has won the PIE Puzzle Prize! last week they received their self-selected book, the 7 Habits of Happy Kids written by Sean Covey.
We have new puzzles at 3 different CEFR levels. Participants should send their answers, including their name, school, city & country before 24 February.
CEFR Level A:
CEFR Level B
CEFR Level C
1. We have been working with Ellis Adriaensen for many years. Students at her school, KSE in Etten-Leur, The Netherlands, know her as Mrs Anglia. Enthusiastic, dedicated and always willing to help. In 2019, about 140 of her students took part in Anglia exams! In addition, Ellis has been teaching for us in numerous projects.
2. After successfully organising two English Summer Schools in Ukraine in 2018, our local representative Lidia Fedinets was determined to beat that number in 2019. In addition, first Ukrainian schools took part in Anglia Examinations in June.
3. Anglia Coordinator Petra Baaten (Jan Tinbergen College in Roosendaal) has been encouraging and guiding over 1,500 students to join Anglia, and to invest in learning English. In April, a new group of 150 students took part in Anglia exams.
4. The EFKF and Associacao Crescer Sempre in Sao Paulo, Brazil have been partners since 2014. Together they have given high school pupils opportunity to study English. Our April PIE was for local teacher Luciana Sousa Silva.
5. Piles of exam papers are very impressive and seem endless.Luckily, there is always a group of Peak Team Members, helping to perzonalize all the exam papers and make sure they are ready to be shipped to the participating schools. Peak Team Member Annette has been a valued colleague for many many years.
6. Hundreds of exam sessions in dozens of countries worldwide. Anglia Operations Manager Robert Piernikarski and his team in Chichester play a crucial role in the smooth processing of exam papers.
7. After years of service, Sebastiaan Posma (Business Development Manager at Anglia HQ in Chichester, England) has decided to leave the Anglia office. Luckily he will stay involved in Anglia, as he will join the AIM Awards Team.
8. Joep and Carli's EFKF adventure in Ghana has started. They will be there for three months to teach English and promote hygiene to children.
9. Summer Schools, assessments or training. Marian Venderbos has been involved in a variety of Anglia activities. As one of our most experienced Speaking Test Assessors she has guided thousands of Speaking Test participants. Because of this experience, Marian was asked give the Anglia Speaking Test Assessor Training. She is currently training a group of about 25 enthusiastic teachers.
CEFR Level A:
CEFR Level B
CEFR Level C
English Summer Schools, assessments or training. Nothing is too much, in sunshine, or when it is raining. Dear Marian, you deserve our PIE because you give far more than you take.
Marian has been involved in a wide variery of Anglia activities for many, many years. As one of our most experienced Anglia Speaking Test Assessors she has guided hundreds, if not thousands of Anglia Speaking Test participants, mostly in the south of The Netherlands.
Because of this experience, Marian was asked give the Anglia Speaking Test Assessor Training as well. She is currently training a group of about 25 enthusiastic teachers.
A passion for Anglia seems te be running in the family, because together with her husband (the Anglia Coordinator at SG Sophianum in Gulpen) she has been a (head) teacher in several of our English Summer Schools.
Yesterday was the second day of the yearly Global College Network Conference in Lewes near Brighton. Representatives from Japan, Finland, Canada, Taiwan, Spain, England and The Netherlands had gathered to discuss current issues and new plans.
The English Education group was invited to present EFKF activities and Anglia options. Board Members Marcel de Jong and Arnold Augustijn enthousiastically explained about the projects in Brazil, Ghana and Mozambique, which can be supported by attractive events like Run4Kids, the Debate Platform and the World Games.
The Anglia Digital Plaform, Summer Schools and Building Bridges were also discussed. The GCN members reacted positively and will start making plans to support EFKF and present Anglia in their respective Colleges. To be continued.
We have 3 new puzzles at 3 CEFR levels so you can actively join! Participants should send their answers, including their name, school, city and country before 2 December 2019.
CEFR LEVEL A
CEFR Level B
CEFR Level C
The Karate Camp in Lviv in August 2020 will be different from last year.
“We want to offer English to the Karate Kids, the director of the organizing club explains. We think it is important for young people to develop in different ways. The combination of sports and using your brains is very effective and benefits both.”
Anglia Network wants to support this initiative. We have experience in the combination of sports and English at our regular Summer Schools and especially at the Sailing Summer School in Zeeland in 2018. So we are looking for teachers who would like to join this camp in August 2020.
On Sunday 22 December you can join the Santa Run in Roosendaal. More than 100 Santa Claus outfit have been made available by the Roosendaal Rotary Club to support the event. Local schools and companies are also involved in the organization. We hope to raise a nice sum of money for our EFKF projects so that can help more and more kids.
Our Run4Kids event in August raised more than €400 for Mozambique. If you are interested in joining the Roosendaal Christmas Run or if you want to organize your own Run4Kids event in 2020, please contact our EFKF Events Team on email@example.com.
A Learning Lottery is a win-win activity. You buy a ticket for €10, the money will be spent on education for children, but you can also benefit yourself. If you win, you will get a learning experience, like learn how to play piano, or sing, drive a sports car or play golf. Usually there are 10 prizes.
The concept was introduced last year and was an instant success in The Netherlands. We have now been approached by our international colleagues who also want to set up such a lottery. We have the organizational handbook and are more than willing to help you. Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PIE news per month
PIE news per category